Things to do while sick & injured
· Take several naps
· Catch up on blogs
· Read good books (currently reading A Million Pieces by James Frey)
· Revisit some chapters from Hal Higdon’s book Marathon
· Watch good movies (Little Miss Sunshine)
· Eat soup
· Drink buckets of water
· Catch up on good running articles on Active.com/CoolRunning/Runner’s World.
· Have a text conversation with an old friend
· Search iTunes high and low for new artists to listen to on your next long run
Things NOT to do while sick & injured
· Consider running (or working out in any form)
· Log onto Twitter and be jealous of all the runners you follow that are enjoying the perfect running weather and having good runs!
· Laundry. (Hey, it’s downstairs, that requires a form of working out in my opinion)
· Gaze at my home treadmill with loving eyes
· Watch The Spirit of the Marathon because it will make me that much more antsy
· Be tempted to take the dog for a short run
· Feel sorry for myself (wah..wah..I can’t run, the world is going to end!)
· Slip my running shoes on just to see how great they look on my feet
· Feel guilty for going home from work early on Friday to sleep, rest & GET BETTER!!!