It’s Tuesday, I’ve got five more days to make a decision on what distance race I’ll be doing this Sunday. Full marathon? Half marathon? Or sleep in?
I got a response from Kelly at Rails to Trails marathon; she said that I can decide the morning of the race. I’m very grateful that they’re flexible, and I hope hope hope that I’m not annoying the crap out of them.
Today after work I took my knees out for another mid-length test run. Everything seems fine. The challenge is that I’m looking for pain, so I have to decipher between actual pain and imaginary pain. But I’m 99.9% sure that I am A-OK.
So how will I decide?
I’ll dwell on it all week long.
I’ll try to reason with myself, have a looksie:
Why I shouldn’t run the full 26.2
-I don’t know how my knees will react when I get to mile 15,16,17 and so on…
-I am risking further injury
-What if I can’t finish?
-What if I have to run/walk to the finish again because of knee pain?
-It’s a small race, there won’t be nearly as much spectator support
-I have to work on Monday
Why I should run the full marathon
-I could totally do it.
-The internet magic 8 ball said YES when I asked it if I should
-The weather is supposed to be mostly sunny with a high of 55 (perfect!!!)
-It’s a dirt trail, so maybe the impact won’t be as bad?
-A Chilean miner is going to run the NYC ING Marathon this Sunday, so why can’t I?
-“Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”