No, I could not narrow it down to four this on this Friday.
1. Pedestrians who sway and stagger all over the entire lane. Why is it so difficult to walk in a straight line? One of these days I’m going to plow into a straggler.
2. Pedestrians who make a snap decision to cross the bike path without looking behind them. A general rule of thumb is to look both ways before crossing a road, right? Let’s put this same kind of thinking into the bike path too. Mmmmk?
3. Pedestrians who walk side by side with another person, and take up the entire lane. Come on. I can’t be the only person whizzing by on a bike at 15 mph. You’d think a few angry “On your left” shouts would give them the hint to move over a little. Or, maybe I’m the only angry cyclist out there.
4. Girls on big, clumsy, antique looking bikes with a basket of flowers who ride right down the middle of the lane. Okay, it’s obvious they think that they’re cute, but they are slow moving and in the way.
5. People who text while biking. If one of these text’n’bikers ever crashes into me, there’s going to be a stabbing. And I’ll tweet you from jail!